Slurping down a smoothie is one of the best ways to get some healthy greens into your diet. You’ll have a slimmer waist in no time—without the huge hole in your wallet. Here are 4 of our favorite green smoothie recipes.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Nutrition info per serving: 249 calories, 6g total fat, 50g carbohydrates, 9g fiber, 28g sugar, 5g protein.
- Created by Alexandra Caspero, RD, owner of Delicious Knowledge.
- 2 heaping cups organic spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or 1 drop of mint extract to desired taste
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Stevia to taste
- Ice (optional)
- Blend all ingredients into a high-speed blender until thick and smooth.
- Nutrition info per serving: 365 calories, 22g fat, 0g trans fat, 22g carbohydrates, 8g sugar, 10g fiber, 30g protein.
- Created by McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN, Registered Dietitian/Wellness Coach, owner and food blogger at Nutrition Stripped.
- 1 cup firmly packed chopped red chard, including stems of 1 cup cooked red beets
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup/sweetener of choice, optional
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice, optional
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Nutrition info per serving: 270 calories, 4g fat, 20g protein, 39g, carbohydrates, 5g fiber
- Created by EA Stewart, RD, author of the blog The Spicy RD
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1/2 green apple, with skin
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 3-inch cucumber piece
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Splash of water (as needed)
- 1/2 cup lemon-flavored sparkling water or seltzer, chilled
- In a blender, add ingredients through lemon juice and blend until completely combined. Add a splash of water if needed to help combine while blending. Pour into a glass and top with sparkling water. Stir to combine and enjoy.
- Nutrition info per serving: 95 calories, 23g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 2g protein.
- Created by Brenda Burdette, RD, author of blog Deliciously Well.
Don't you think others should know about this? Share it with them now!