Admin Assistant/Receptionist/Health Coach
Seeking an individual to do Administrative work, Reception/Medical Billing and some health coaching to work full time as the front office lead in a Sports Medicine/Functional Holistic Medicine Medical clinic in South East Bellevue in the Bellefield Office Park.
You will do full-time reception, administrative assistant as well as orders, assisting patients, editing, some medical billing, and some health coaching work. You may do some medical assistant work if you have this training but this is not essential.
This is a long term position and we would like someone who can see themselves working for more than one year.
There are many tasks and responsibilities in this job and we will provide at least one-month training in all aspects of this job
About our location (Bellefield Office Park):
We are in SE Bellevue near 405 and I 90 off of the SE 8th exit on 405 in a beautiful office park surrounded by trees and a beautiful walking trail along the Mercer Slough river. There are a free fitness Center and an amazing Dilettante Café next to our building. There are free bikes and Kayaks on the property next to our building.
Other Job Perks:
If you are interested there are a lot of fascinating things you can learn by working at Peak Medicine. Learn about nutrition, supplements, vitamins, diets, stress management, holistic health if you are interested. Learn about the latest healthy food, protein bar, exercise, laser, microcurrent, and health treatments. You will also have access to wholesale pricing on vitamins and supplements.
- Make Appointments and educate new patients about our clinic, billing and financial policies and about our practice
- Set up meetings with other health professionals.
- Work on promoting and marketing our Functional Medicine meeting.
- Do some limited education regarding diets and food plans (based on our handouts) and do some coaching of certain patients to follow diet, sleep and exercise plans
- Educate patients about lab test kits for specialized labs such as Food Allergy Kits, Hormone assessment, Nutritional Assessment labs etc.
- Do limited billing on a basic billing program for Auto and L and I patient visits
- Use QuickBooks for receiving payments and recording expenses (We will train you in Quick books)
- Prepare QuickBooks for annual and quarterly taxes
- Review and do limited editing of initial medical reports
- Communicate with claims persons in Auto and work related injury cases
- Take inventory and place orders for supplements and office and medical supplies
About our clinic (Peak Medicine) and our doctor:
Peak Medicine is a one doctor clinic that is leading edge in Sports and Functional Holistic Medicine. We see patients from teenagers to adults. We do leading edge assessment and treatment of sports and other injuries. We also see patients that are seeking a more Functional Medicine/Natural Medicine approach to medical problems like fatigue, arthritis, autoimmune disease, concussion, weight management, irritable bowel syndrome etc. We also get many patients referred from the hospital Emergency Room for auto accidents and work related injuries.
About our Medical Doctor (MD). Dr. David Musnick MD is very much into nutrition, exercise and improving lifestyle habits. He is a good boss and emphasizes good communication and learning in our clinic. He is a skier, hiker and mountain biker and very much into exercise and nutrition as well as supplements. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine and Functional Medicine. We also do the teaching of medical students in the clinic. Dr. M is compassionate, caring and really leading edge and effective in helping his patients get better. He offers Laser, Microcurrent, Prolotherapy and other leading-edge treatments at the clinic. He works a lot with diet, lifestyle, supplements and likes to understand the underlying causes of symptoms. conditions and diseases.
As a boss he is a really nice guy and easy to work with. He likes to have excellent communication and a really good upbeat attitude in our clinic.
Our clinic is busy with patients, nutritional and lab representatives as well as visits from our colleagues in our building.
You can view more information about our clinic and Dr Musnick at www.peakmedicine.com
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and the Mac/Microsoft operating systems is essential. (If you just know the PC we can teach you how to use a Mac)
- You must have excellent abilities to concentrate on tasks as well as to multitask.
- Experience and excellence in reception work is very important but not essential.
- Must be highly organized on the computer and on your front desk area.
- Able to keep a to do list, prioritize tasks and carry over uncompleted tasks
- Good at following a flow of tasks and setting priorities to efficiently get work done.
- Must be good with editing as you will be editing for grammar and spelling etc and format medical reports.
- You must be willing to follow office policies as well as contribute to improving office procedures.
- Training and experience with medical billing, medical coding is desirable but we can also train you in this. Note in our clinic we bill Auto PIP cases and L and I work cases but we do not bill private insurance.
- Experience working in the health field is desirable but not necessary.
- Training and experience with tracking medical visits that have been billed and collecting on aging dates of service so that accounts receivable stays low. We will train in this.
- Must be good at keeping track of multiple tasks and timelines like outstanding medical reports etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required but we can give you extra training.
- Ability to work on a Mac and work with Quickbooks is a plus but if not we can train you.
- The job is 40 hours a week(M-F 830-5). Wednesday is a shorter day and there are flex hours on that day as Dr Musnick does not see patients on that day and it is a day to catch up on billing and other clinic tasks.
- Ideally, you are a high energy positive person, health-oriented and active.
- You must be able to talk enthusiastically about our services in Sports and Functional Holistic Medicine
- A cheery and warm personality with the ability to communicate well and be sympathetic and kind with patients. You must like people and be likable.
- You must have a very good ability to communicate with patients, doctors, and claims persons and other professionals.
- You must be a warm personality that people like and be able to be calm and compassionate.
- You are experienced, positive, competent and someone other people would like to work with and our patients would like to interact with.
- You must dress professionally and present yourself well to our patients, physicians, and professionals that we interact with.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay is commensurate with your experience and community pay rates for this position and starts at least $18 per hour. Raises are entertained and granted at least one time per year.
- Please let us know if you need Medical Insurance or if you have your medical insurance already covered.
- We will also supply Dental Insurance
- You will have your own covered parking.
- You will get to order nutritional products like vitamins and supplements at wholesale cost.
- You will have a free Fitness Club membership
- There is a Christmas bonus every year.
Please respond to Rachel Lewis with a cover letter and a resume. Please also respond with your prior pay rate and your desired pay rate. Questions 425-462-7325
|Job Category||Coach, Front Desk Lead|