Instructs water exercise classes and provides motivation for class participants. Acts as a liaison and champion for YMCA Total Health.
- Plans and leads water fitness classes in accordance with YMCA guidelines
- Develops positive relationships with class members/participants providing motivational support and guidance.
- Increases class member/participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Organizes and puts away class equipment and reports equipment problems.
- Maintains records as appropriate (i.e. class attendance).
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and applicable trainings approved by supervisor.
- Trains and supervises volunteer class aides as assigned.
- Encourages member involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys basic knowledge of all program areas to members and participants and as appropriate referring members to appropriate Total Health program or staff member.
- May make follow up motivational phone calls to Total Health participants.
- May assist with total health orientation.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Current state approved first-aid certification. *
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer. *
- Water Fitness Instructor or equivalent. **
- Ability to demonstrate proper water fitness techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fitness protocol.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
Within 30 days of employment, or first available training.
** Within six months of employment, at first available training.
You’ll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
- At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. As an employee, you also receive a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
|Job Category||Fitness Instructor|