We are now hiring for the Kent YMCA, under construction and scheduled to open in early September 2019. New employees for Kent will have the opportunity to start work right away at other YMCA locations including Newcastle, SeaTac, and Auburn, or to onboard in July and start training in August for the September opening.
Instructs group cycling exercise classes for YMCA members.
- Plans for and instructs wellness/fitness and/or related classes following Association standards and guidelines. Observes and discusses individual progress with participants.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and facilitates relationships among participants and members. Provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Encourages involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Sets up and takes down class equipment. Reports equipment problems.
- Attends staff meetings and approved training as required.
- Ensures safe and effective workouts. Responds to, and reports, accidents, and incidents.
- Accurately maintains related records.
- Current state approved first aid certification. *
- Current state approved CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Twenty-five hours of practical experience as fitness class instructor, or equivalent (6-week instructor training course-shadowing experience).
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles, Foundations of YMCA Group Exercise** or previous YMCA or outside certification.
- Listen First Level I* and II** training.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to set up, move and store class equipment.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
Within 30 days of employment or at first available training.
** Within 90 days of employment or at first available training.
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
|Job Category||Cycling Instructor|