Safe N Sound Swim Instructor ($17+ DOE)
Interested in teaching a lifesaving skill and truly make a difference in someone’s life? Loving working with kids and enjoy being in the water?
Then look no further!
Safe N Sound Swimming is looking for candidates to join our aquatics team here in Seattle! We pride ourselves in being the Northwest’s premier swim school, teaching one on one lessons. Working with us is a fantastic opportunity for people who love the water, teaching children, and making a positive difference in a person’s life. We are looking for passionate one on one instructors with availability weekdays, 2:30-7:30pm and Saturdays between 9-4pm.
We provide our employees with both fixed and flexible hours, competitive pay ($17 + DOE), a fun work environment, awesome teammates, all within a company culture that cares. We appreciate our military veterans and we’re honored to hire those that have served in a United States uniform. Interested candidates should fill out the online application through our website.
We welcome you to apply for this position and become a valued addition to our highly successful summer aquatics team! This position will be open until it is filled with the best applicants.
A Safe N Sound Swim Instructor has the following responsibilities:
- All swim instructors regardless of previous experience and credentials complete our training and certification course prior to teaching students.
- Embody the company’s shared values and uphold our quality standards
- Be on time for shifts
- Ensure swimmer safety in and around the water.
- Perform other duties requested by the supervisor including some light facility cleaning
- We’re looking for instructors who are passionate about being in the water and working with children of all ages. An ideal candidate is patient and energetic, and able to leave any stress at the door and provide great swim lessons to our students.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Characteristics of warmth, adaptability, valiance, and enthusiasm.
- A teaching style that is nurturing, sound, and positive and developed the ability to teach and relate to children both young and old.
- Experience with teaching, coaching or instructing children (ages 2 to 12). We begin students as young as 2 years old and many of our students are under 12.
- Willing to immerse yourself (quite literally in a warm 88-degree pool) teaching children to swim using a one-on-one format. Instructors are in the pool for their shifts of 4-5 hours each working hands-on with beginners and providing a blend of hands-on and coaching for advanced swimmers.
- Previous swim experience or teaching experience recommended but not required so long as the candidate is willing to embrace and teach the Safe N Sound Swimming methods.
Licenses & Certifications
- Candidates with current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification credentials will be given preference.
- Candidates certified with the American Coaching Association or American Red Cross as Swim Instructors are also encouraged to apply provided you are willing to learn and teach the Safe N Sound methods of water safety and stroke development.
- For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://safensound.workbrightats.com/jobs/
|Job Category||Swim Instructor|